Sunday 22 January 2017

Back in the garage

Well, even though I haven't been posting since November, I have been working on the bikes. I had a few bits delivered to Mums at Xmas, new cable adjuster for my carb (damaged in the accident), new side panel for the Triumph, plus Father Xmas brought me a TIG welder.

So where am I with the bike? Well all the mechanical parts are back on. I am in the process of adjusting the rear bodywork to fit the slightly different subframe on the new frame.  I have repaired the belly pan, fibre glass then filler.

The guy that paints my fairings told me my tank was basically dead, so I found another one which will also need painting. Next steps are to fit rhe belly pan, and then work up to see where I need to drill holes for the side panels and then on up to fit the new RGV250 top fairing.

My neighbour is going to teach me the basics of TIG welding and then I can make myself a new fairing stays.

No comments: