Friday 19 May 2017

Triumph and FZR

I received the factory Pro jet kit for the FZR, this provides different profile needles, plus a variety of pilot and main jets. I had also ordered their hardened emulsion tubes, which should improve smoothness at low revs. I installed just the needles on the middle clip position, but removing the shim under the original needles. This with the K&N filters. The first run out was far from good, it seemed very uneven from idle and wouldn't rev out. So I decided to increase the pilots and the main jets, given that the mid range seemed pretty good.

The pilots are upped to 35(?) And the mains were up to 115s from 107.5 quite a jump. I also noted that removing the pilots there were two that were slightly blocked so this was probably the reason of the rough running from idle.

Anyway the second run was instantly better, the engine picks up instantly from idle and then runs through all the way to the red line, if I am hyper critical I could probably change the mains again, although it's not clear if they need bigger (try first) or smaller (try second).

I have received the parts for the triumph, but I am still suffering to get fork seal out so will take that in to MotoLabo when I get my Suzuki parts.


No comments: